Views of Nature Photography
What's Going On
We are in full swing for classes and presentations for 2017.
- Bob was a guest speaker at the Pickens Technical College photography program on February 24th. The topic of his presentation was Urban Wildlife Photography. It was the kickoff to their latest project, urban wildlife for the State competition. He also picked his choices for best of show and an honorable mention image for their latest contest.
- March 18th, Bob presented a basic digital photography class at The Gardens at Spring Creek in Fort Collins, CO. http://www.fcgov.com/gardens/programsspecial-events/adult-education
The class was a lot of fun for the participants and hopefully they came away with a better understanding of camera creative controls and basic composition. Shooting out in the Garden and in the greenhouse with the students after the class was very enjoyable.
-On April 21st Bob returned to Pickens Technical College as one of the three judges for the State competition. The students, both high school and post secondary, submitted a variety of images including ones on the theme of urban wildlife. Many of these young people are very talented and judging was challenging.
- Bob did a class at the Museum of Nature and Science in Denver in May 2017 entitled Capturing Nature with a Digital Camera- Beyond the Basics. Dates are May 11, 18, and 25 with a half day field trip on May 20th.
- In July, Bob made three presentations on Colorado's Mountain Towns at Arapahoe County Library branches. The program included a discussion on the history and images of several towns ranging from ghost towns to currently active mining towns to those whose mining past has evolved into a full blown recreation and tourist economy. https://arapahoelibraries.org/
Wednesday, July 12th from 1-2 at the Sheridan Library (3425 W. Oxford Ave. Sheridan, CO.80236)
Wednesday, July 19th from 1-2 at the South Glenn Library (6972 S. Vine Street, Centennial, CO. 80122)
Monday, July 24th from 7-8pm at the Eloise May Library (1471 S. Parker Road, Denver, CO. 80231)
- On September 18th Bob presented a program on Light and Composition to the Heritage Eagle Bend Photo Club in Aurora, Colorado.
-Bob will return to The Gardens at Spring Creek in Fort Collins on September 23rd to do a program on macro photography. The Gardens are a wonderful place to practice close up shooting so this class should be lot of fun! http://www.fcgov.com/gardens/programsspecial-events/adult-education
- October 3rd will be monthly meeting of the Colorado Urban Wildlife Photo Club. Nadine and Bob will present a program on winter photography adventures in Japan. http://www.couwpc.com/
We've started planning for next year already!
On June 11th Bob will present the Colorado Mountain Towns program to a combined Loveland (Colorado) Photographic Society and Fort Collins Fort Collins Digital Camera Club (Colorado) meeting. In addition he'll do a short presentation on the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Non Consumptive User Roundtable, a group of people and organizations interested in the work CPW does regarding wildlife and habitat. https://lps.cc/Default.aspx
We've started a relationship with the Rocky Mountain Conservancy, formerly the Rocky Mountain Nature Association. In of July 2018 Bob will teach a three day Macro program. Stay tuned for details. In the mean time you can find out more about the Conservancy on the website: https://rmconservancy.org/
Images of Nature - Instruction - Workshops