Views of Nature Photography
What Happened in 2017
- Bob was a guest speaker at the Pickens Technical College photography program on February 24th. The topic of his presentation was Urban Wildlife Photography. It was the kickoff to their latest project, urban wildlife for the State competition. He also picked his choices for best of show and an honorable mention image for their latest contest.
- March 18th, Bob presented a basic digital photography class at The Gardens at Spring Creek in Fort Collins, CO. http://www.fcgov.com/gardens/programsspecial-events/adult-education The class was a lot of fun for the participants and hopefully they came away with a better understanding of camera creative controls and basic composition. Shooting out in the Garden and in the greenhouse with the students after the class was very enjoyable.
-On April 21st Bob returned to Pickens Technical College as one of the three judges for the State competition. The students, both high school and post secondary, submitted a variety of images including ones on the theme of urban wildlife. Many of these young people are very talented and judging was challenging.
- Bob did a class at the Museum of Nature and Science in Denver in May 2017 entitled Capturing Nature with a Digital Camera- Beyond the Basics. Dates are May 11, 18, and 25 with a half day field trip on May 20th.
- In July, Bob made three presentations on Colorado's Mountain Towns at Arapahoe County Library branches. The program included a discussion on the history and images of several towns ranging from ghost towns to currently active mining towns to those whose mining past has evolved into a full blown recreation and tourist economy. https://arapahoelibraries.org/
Wednesday, July 12th from 1-2 at the Sheridan Library (3425 W. Oxford Ave. Sheridan, CO.80236)
Wednesday, July 19th from 1-2 at the South Glenn Library (6972 S. Vine Street, Centennial, CO. 80122)
Monday, July 24th from 7-8pm at the Eloise May Library (1471 S. Parker Road, Denver, CO. 80231)
- On September 18th Bob presented a program on Light and Composition to the Heritage Eagle Bend Photo Club in Aurora, Colorado.
- October 3rd was the monthly meeting of the Colorado Urban Wildlife Photo Club. Bob presented a program on winter photography adventures in Japan. http://www.couwpc.com/
Bob was asked to be a judge for the annual photo contest at the Colorado Nature Camera Club in Boulder on December 21st. http://www.coloradonaturecameraclub.org
Images of Nature - Instruction - Workshops